Wellness trends and products are all the rage these days. With so many new health food trends making their way into healthcare conversations, it’s no wonder our pups have begun to benefit from these ideas as well! Our pets are a part of our family, so it’s important to keep up to date on the best nutritional products that offer them a longer and healthier life.
When it comes to creating a well-rounded menu for your furry friend, there’s one ingredient that you’ll hear of often; bone broth. Let’s dive into the many benefits of this impressive super food and discuss how bone broth for dogs can change your furry friend’s life!
What are the benefits of bone broth for dogs?
While dogs certainly love the taste that bone broth adds to their meals, it’s much more than just a flavor boost. Bone broth is proven to be jam packed with beneficial ingredients that not only boost their immune system, but also offer nutritional support as your dog begins to age.
10 of the beneficial nutrients you’ll find in bone broth include:
- Amino acids: Amino acids are responsible for important body functions such as supporting bone strength, building and repairing muscle, and helping the body absorb nutrients effectively.
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs): GAGs are responsible for maintaining the collagen that you’ll find as a support between the bones and connective tissues. GAGs are commonly found in top rated joint supplements for dogs, as the most well-known forms of glycosaminoglycans are chondroitin sulfate, glucosamine and hyaluronic acid. These ingredients together help to cushion the joints, reduce joint inflammation, and lessen the deterioration of the joints over time.
- Collagen/Gelatin: Collagen breakdown results in gelatin, which is a helpful ingredient in terms of joint health for dogs. Gelatin provides a cushion for your dog between their joints, helping them to move with ease and live a more active life.
- Vitamins: Bone broth is a wonderful source of vitamins A, B-1, B-2 , B-3, B-6, B-12, C, D, and K. Each of these vitamins together offer extra immune support, assistance in repairing muscle, as well as bone and teeth support.
- Iron: Iron plays a key role in helping your pup transport oxygen throughout their body. Not only does it team up with your dog’s red blood cells, it also helps to maintain their skin and fur health.
- Electrolytes: Electrolytes play a key role in helping our dogs maintain heart and respiratory health, contract their muscles, as well as maintaining strength throughout the day. The electrolytes in bone broth include potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, and chloride.
- Silicon: Similar to collagen and gelatin, silicon aids in the strength and flexibility of the connective tissues in your dog’s body.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is another helpful agent that helps to strengthen and repair bones, strengthen teeth, as well as help the muscles to contract.
- Zinc: Zinc is one of the most important components when it comes to your dog’s muscular and skeletal system. Zinc aids in necessary healing of bones and connective tissue, as well as offering strength for these tissues throughout your dog’s life.
- Copper: Copper is another beneficial ingredient that teams up with your dog’s cardiovascular system. Copper aids in the production of red blood cells, as well as helping to eliminate free radicals in the body.
How do you give your dog bone broth?
Bone broth is an appealing option for any dog owner because it can be added to a dog’s existing diet! It is a simple way to add nutrients to your dog’s regular feeding routine. Bone broth can be poured over your dog’s dry food, mixed into homemade or raw food, used to reconstitute dehydrated food, frozen and offered as a pupsicle, or infused with treats that can be offered at snack time.
Don’t have the time or patience to make your own bone broth? No problem! Brutus Broth has crafted multiple forms of the beneficial and tasty bone broth that your furry friend will crave!
Who is Brutus Broth?
The Brutus Broth story began when a family gathered around the table for Thanksgiving dinner in 2016. When asked about the family dog Brutus and how they’ve managed to maintain his health throughout the years, Kim and Sue had a simple answer: “Love and Grandma’s Bone Broth.”
After seeing how much bone broth benefited their senior pup’s life, they knew they had to find a way to share these benefits with other dogs. After spending thousands of hours researching the pet markets and speaking with experts in the industry, the recipe of Brutus Bone Broth was formed and brought to market!
What Makes Brutus Bone Broth Special?
Brutus Bone Broth is created in a USDA approved human-grade facility in Minneapolis. Each recipe is made with the highest quality ingredients, crafted together to help boost your dog’s overall health. Not only do they offer a tasty broth that your pup is sure to love, but they pack their recipes with added nutrients that you won’t find anywhere else on the market. Brutus broth is fortified with chondroitin and glucosamine to support your dog’s joint health, as well as turmeric to combat inflammation. Their bone broth has been hand crafted with all-natural ingredients to help aid in the longevity of your beloved companion’s life.
“We’re a small, family owned and operated company – our products are created in the kitchen, not a boardroom.”
A Brutus Broth motto is “if it is good enough for me, it is good enough for my dog!” Oftentimes you will find Kim and Sue in their Manufacturer’s kitchen testing the bone broth themselves for quality and taste! Brutus Broth adds valuable nutrition to every dog bowl it touches, turning each meal into an affordable culinary experience!
Dogs are exposed to toxins every day that can build up in their digestive system and can cause “leaky gut,” resulting in various health issues. Adding bone broth to your dog’s every day diet can naturally detoxify and boost their immune system so they can live a healthier, happy life.
Offer For iHeartDogs
Brutus Broth has teamed up with iHeartDogs to offer a 20% discount site wide to iHeartDogs readers. This means your pup can get their paws on delicious products such as:
Each recipe is packed with the high quality ingredients that we’ve mentioned above, as well as the delicious flavor that your furry friend is sure to love! This is a wonderful opportunity to improve your dog’s wellness while enhancing their meal experience. Just enter iHeartDogs20 at check out through December 31st to take advantage of this pawsome offer!
We think your dog deserves the very best when it comes to their health and wellness! Now is the time to take advantage of this incredible offer to show them you care! Your pup is sure to thank you for it!
Share if you enjoyed this post!