Whether you believe in astrological signs or not, it’s fun to investigate the meanings and characteristics behind each symbol. Some people use the information to pick romantic partners and friends. But what about canines? Yup, you can find out if your astrological personality is compatible with your dog’s zodiac sign.
Stop. Before you worry you are not a perfect match with your dog, remember this is all for fun. That said, let’s take a trip to the stars. And if you’re looking for a new pup, why not consider this?
Your dog’s zodiac sign
First, the basics. There are 12 zodiac signs. Each one has strengths and weaknesses, specific characteristics, desires, and attitudes. Astrology analyzes the projection of the position of planets, and the sun and moon on the Ecliptic at the moment of birth. Horoscopes are part of the astrology fun.
Before you read further, take a moment to remember your dog’s birthday. Now, let’s meet the signs and how they relate to your dog. (Thanks to House That Barks blog for this breakdown of dog’s zodiac signs)
Aquarius (Jan 20 – Feb 18)
- Gentle and timid pups
- Aquarius’ love other animals and frequent baths
- Has a habit of wandering
- Intelligent and super friendly
Pisces (Feb 19 – Mar 20)
- Easily trained
- Pisces pups are independent dogs
- They love attention and are extremely loyal
- Pisces is a water sign, so these pups are fans of water – whether it’s puddles or swimming
Aries (Mar 21 – April 20)
- Aries is the fire sign making these pups confident and strong
- These dogs are smart and playful
- Natural born leaders that love to be at the head of the pack
- They are curious dogs, love to sniff out the neighborhood
Taurus (Apr 20 – May 20)
- Taurus dogs love luxurious, peaceful environments
- Fans of soft and melodious music – give them zen
- Oftentimes shy
- Particularly food motivated, though once they get their snack, these pups are ready for a snooze
Gemini (May 21 – June 21)
- These pups are born under the sign of the Gemini Twins (Mercury and Gemini), so they can be opposites at times
- Sometimes cuddly, sometimes withdrawn
- Sometimes outgoing, sometimes reserved
- Extremely energetic
- Plays well with others (dogs and humans!)
Cancer (June 22 – July 22)
- Ruled by the moon, these pups are sensitive and love attention
- Timid, with a passive temperament
- They long to be with the family and their humans at all times
- Happily greet visitors to their home as they seek cuddles
Leo (July 23 – Aug 22)
- Like Leo humans, these pups are born leaders
- Lovers of children
- Responds well to grooming
- Crave attention and want to greet everyone they pass on a walk
Virgo (Aug 23 – Sep 22)
- These late summer babies are intelligent and calm
- Sometimes prone to allergies and upset stomachs
- Prefer a daily routine
- Love to play and don’t mind entertaining themselves
Libra (Sep 23 – Oct 22)
- Ruled by the planet Venus, these pups are known flirts
- Affectionate and prefer the company of humans and other pups
- Passionate cuddlers
- Not fond of conflict and should avoid aggressive dogs
Scorpio (Oct 23 – Nov 21)
- Extremely loyal to their humans
- Independent pups that don’t mind being alone
- Fans of music – you may notice them howling along as you sing
- Notoriously in tune with their humans, so much so that their people believe the dog truly understand human language
Sagittarius (Nov 22 – Dec 21)
- These fire sign pups are adventurous, happy, and outgoing
- Sometimes suffer from separation anxiety, and thus enjoy having a canine companion
- Crave physical affection from their humans – and they return the love
- Boundless energy
Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 19)
- These winter babes are well-behaved, easily trained dogs
- Capricorn dogs love children
- Well-mannered pooches that enjoy heaps of praise for their good behavior
- Because they are an earth sign, these are considered to be the wisest dogs
Do those descriptions match your dog’s personality perfectly? Maybe, maybe not. Let us know in the comments if your pup fits the zodiac mold.
The right breed for your Zodiac sign
Now, if you are in the market for a new pup, the American Kennel Club says why not let astrology in on the decision?
- Think about a Bergamasco Sheepdog or Golden Retriever if you are an Aquarius. These dogs share your high energy levels. Like you, they need mental stimulation and bond closely with family and friends.
- Saint Bernards and Chihuahuas are good fits for Pisces. They are as loyal and devoted as you are to them.
- Brave and risky Doberman Pinschers and Border Collies fit will with Aries humans. They share the determination and enthusiasm of Aries people.
- Taurus humans love beauty, so the Afghan Hounds appeal to them. Another match is the child-loving Boxer breed. Humans and pups with this sign have a fondness for youngsters.
- Labrador Retrievers and Parson Russell Terriers fit well with Geminis. Both breeds bond well with the whole family, they’re playful and loving just like their humans.
- A Cancer is very loyal, just like Rottweilers. Humans with this zodiac sign are also caring and intuitive, so the gentle Dandie Dinmont Terrier is a good companion.
- Cheerful and funny Leos might want to consider Pugs. Another option is Chow Chows. Like human Leos, these pups are dignified and refined.
- Virgos love problem-solving, so they may prefer a dog with high intelligence like the Briard. Some Virgos are detailed-oriented, so they may find a perfect match with the distinctive Bloodhound.
- Pomeranians and Whippets love companionship as much as Libras. These dogs are just as intelligent as humans born under this moon.
- Scorpios are curious and exuberant. The lively Schipperke makes a nice companion for Scorpio humans. Another match is the majestic Great Pyrenees.
- Curious Beagles fit well with wandering Sagittarius humans. Also very energetic, Sagittarius might like Airedale Terriers to keep them company.
- Capricorns might appreciate the independent Pekingese. Also, they value self-control and discipline, which could pair well with the Giant Schnauzer.
So, how do you match with your pup?
Do you want a healthier & happier dog? Join our email list & we’ll donate 1 meal to a shelter dog in need!
Share if you enjoyed this post!